I dropped by Road Apples today…my “go to” tack shoppe for everything Bones needs for riding. Boots, helmets, half chaps, pants, gloves… all in one spot along with saddles and bridles, blankets and halters. A multitude of riding paraphernalia for both English and Western riders along with a fabulous selection of supplies for your dogs, wonderful jewellery and a great number of gifts for any animal lover…all displayed in a beautiful store with helpful staff.
Road Apples Shoppe has been our “little secret.” You see, us horse lovers have been keeping it from our non-horsey friends but they’re more than a tack shoppe. They’ve amazing casual boots and jeans, purses and belts, hats and shirts. Beautiful clothing and accessories that leave our non-horsey friends saying things like “that belt is amazing” where’d you find it and “OMG I love your boots!”
Well… the secret is out! The folks at Road Apples have just opened a brand new shop next door! They’ve gathered their stock, added more and opened the doors to “The Saltwater Cowboy” (the nickname given to Atlantic Canadian’s who find themselves working out West.) It’s filled with fabulous clothes for both men and women… fantastic Wrangler jeans, cowboy hats, “bling filled” belts and you guessed it… row after row of comfortable cowboy boots AND GUESS WHAT!! The Saltwater Cowboy is giving the readers of Curtains a chance to win a pair of cowboy boots valued at two hundred dollars!
- “Like” The Saltwater Cowboy’s Facebook page to get all of the updates on the amazing stock as it arrives. (While you’re at it, you may as well Like Road Apples too… or follow them on Twitter @road_apples.)
- Read through some updates and take a peek at some of their photos, then comment on this post about something you see that strikes your fancy.
- Add your email address and name in the comment so I know how to contact you.
- Share this post with your friends to get an extra ballot! (Just add another comment letting me know you shared it via Facebook, Twitter, Email or other means and I’ll put your name in the draw a second time!)
The holidays are coming and both Road Apples and The Saltwater Cowboy are filled to the brim with wonderful gifts whether you’re a rider or not. Drop into their stores to see what I mean.
The secret is out… and it’s a good one!
- The giveaway will be open from now until Friday, December 14th, 2012 at ten a.m (my time!)
- Winner will be chosen using random.org and notified by email.
- Only comments on “The Saltwater Cowboy… ” post on “Curtains are Open” are eligible to win… comments on other posts, Facebook or Twitter, while appreciated, are not considered.
- Only one comment per reader is eligible for entry into the contest PLUS, a second entry if you “Share” the blog post (you can share by clicking on the “share” options on the bottom of the post, or by sharing the link on the “Curtains” Facebook page.
- The winner will receive one pair of “in-stock” cowboy boots of their choice. Value of “up to” $200. (If the boots are more expensive you can pay the difference, however, cash or further merchandise will not be added to make up the difference on a less expensive pair.)
- This is a “local” giveaway. You must be able to visit the store, try on and pick up your boots by Saturday, December 22nd, 2012.