It’s hard to believe that one year ago today I started my dream of writing. I’d been filling the pages of my personal journals since I was a young girl and decided to put my daily ramblings into a blog…never dreaming it would “fill me” the way it has.
Writing is “in” me…I’ve always known there were words inside that need to come out and I’ve tried my best to get my ramblings out there…sometimes hitting the nail on the head, other times failing miserably.
I’ve received comments, emails and encouragement from friends, family and complete strangers! Nothing thrills me more than receiving a genuine comment…it really is amazing to hear what you have to say.
I’ve discovered a few things along the way…
- I can spend hours writing a post and not receive many comments but the one I pound out in fifteen minutes is the one that receives the most responses!
- A post one person dislikes is the same post someone else loves.
- If a post makes me cry…chances are it will make you cry too.
- I can’t be funny every day… in fact I’m often not funny at all.
- I make a lot of grammar mistakes and even when I review a post ten times, there’ll always be a typo.
- Sometimes people are nervous about what they say around me…I hear “don’t put that in your blog” a lot!
- The nicknames I’ve given my friends are becoming their nicknames in real life as well.
- Everyone wants a nickname.
- More people call me Queen than ever before.
- Despite all I’ve been through, I’m 100% normal.
- I’ve discovered I can’t write every day…mostly because some days I’m just too busy…or just don’t have it in me.
- Some things are just too personal to put into words.
- I’m stronger than I thought.
- When I’m facing a block it’s best to write my way through it even if it produces posts I’m not entirely happy with.
- A lot of folks offer advice.
- I usually just do what feels right.
- I rarely ignore my “gut”…unless my girlfriends tell me otherwise.
- I believe in the folks who advertise on the site!
- Many of you follow me through twitter and facebook and I feel as if I’ve a great number of new and wonderful friends in my life.
- I love when you share a link to a post on facebook.
- I’m funnier on Twitter!
- I can keep secrets…but I’d REALLY love to tell some of those secrets!
- I fiercely protect the people I love and am very careful what I say about them.
- I delete a lot of curse words before I hit the “publish” button.
I can’t begin to tell you how important this blog is to me…first because I love to write, second because I feel as if I’m being heard…that I belong…that people care and in some small way I’m making a difference.
On my one year Blogiversary, I want to thank you for welcoming me into your life. I never dreamt I’d continue this for as long as I have but when I look back on all I’ve accomplished this year…I’m proud of who I am and where I’m going…and I’m happy to share it with all of you.
The curtains are always open…