I first met Katherine nineteen years ago and “took to her” immediately. She was my kind of person… outgoing and energetic with a smile on her face… always ready for the next bit of fun! And then, with the flick of a wand and a couple of “I do’s”… she became my cousin… and has remained that way through better or worse, sickness and health, good times and bad.
I’ve watched her grow from a lovely young woman, to the fabulous person she is today and without a surprise to anyone… she married a fellow who is just as wonderful as she is… possibly funnier, but just as wonderful!
I can’t begin to tell you how happy myself and the kids were when they decided to move back to Nova Scotia last year… settling into a home in The Valley while working in the city so they could be closer to those they love and reach their dream of OWNING A HOT AIR BALLOON!!!!
Yes… Katherine and Seth Bailey have been seen inflating a massive balloon, jumping into its wicker basket and flying over the beautiful, picturesque, Annapolis Valley as onlookers line the sides of the road and chase after them to catch the perfect photo and find out more about taking a ride!
Seth, a hot air balloon pilot, has been soaring the skies of Ontario since 2006 and he and Katherine have finally purchased a balloon of their own!
East Coast Balloon Adventures is ready for passengers… up to four at a time in a balloon they’ve appropriately named “Nova Scotia Sky”… based on the beautiful blue colours in the balloon that when inflated, stands seven stories high!
And… because they’re awesome and think I’m alright… they’re giving a lucky reader of Curtains are Open a chance to join them by winning an East Coast Balloon Adventures Gift Certificate… valued at $250!
- Go to the East Coast Balloon Adventures website (designed and coded by yours truly if you’ve been wondering why I haven’t been making many posts lately!)
- Read through the list of FAQ’s and comment on this post about one of the questions you find interesting! (And if you see a typo… let me know!) Make sure to add your email address and name to the comment so we know how to contact you (if you don’t have a google account, make an “Anonymous” comment but provide your contact information so we know who you are!)
- Head to their Facebook page and “Like” them or their Twitter page and “Follow” them to help spread the word about their new adventure (leave a comment if you’d like… or share the pages with your friends!)
- The giveaway will be open until Friday, July 27th at eleven am (my time!)
- Winner will be chosen using random.org and notified by email.
- Only comments on the “Wouldn’t you like to ride… ” post on “Curtains are Open” are eligible to win… comments on other posts, Facebook or Twitter, while appreciated, are not considered for winning the certificate!
- Only one comment per reader is eligible for entry into the contest. Additional comments will be read and appreciated… but not counted in the draw.
- And finally… if you’re having trouble posting a comment, email me and I’ll help you out… or do it for you… whatever works!! Oh… and if you don’t want to put your email address in your comment… add your name or initials… then email me your address!
Tell your friends by sharing my blog (insert selfish reasons and shameless blog flogging here!)
Honestly… this is a prize you want to win… possibly to reach your dream of flying in a hot air balloon… definitely, to spend a few hours being entertained by two of the most amazing people I’m blessed to have in my life!