I checked to see if I could change my Facebook relationship status to “Currently in a Relationship with Netflix.” But apparently…Facebook won’t recognize the commitment.
It’s strange…because the reality is, this is one of the very best relationships I’ve ever had!
Honestly…it’s so awesome, that when we’re hanging out…every couple of hours Netflix asks me if I’m doing ok…would I like to continue in this relationship we’re in!
SERIOUSLY…how adorable is that!
Over the last few months, Netflix has gotten to know me so well that it keeps making suggestions for what I might like and it’s RARELY wrong. Sometimes, I’m a little apprehensive but Netflix is all “really…everyone’s doing it…it’s trending” so I try…and NETFLIX is always right!
And then, last week out of the blue, Netflix sends me a package full of candies and treats just to let me know they’re thinking of me. Honestly…Netflix is thinking of me when the reality is…I can’t seem to get Netflix off my mind!
It’s like I spend a little time with Netflix…and part of me knows I’m neglecting everything else but the other part of me doesn’t care! I just want five more minutes with Netflix…and five turns into ten and ten turns into an hour and an hour turns into me spending the whole night with Netflix at my side. I’m completely bingeing on Netflix!
Netflix is DEFINITELY changing my life but I’m not the only one. Based on a 2016 survey, many folks admitted that Netflix is affecting their relationships and helping folks find others with common interests.
- 53% of those surveyed add TV shows or movie genres to their dating profiles
- 77% discuss movies and TV shows on a first date
- More than a quarter of respondents find someone more attractive based on the shows and movies they watched
- One in three felt that sharing their Netflix account is a big step toward a “serious” relationship
- Six in ten respondents in a relationship say they prefer to stay in and watch Netflix for date night
- 77% say they watch Netflix together because they like spending time together without leaving the house!
It’s Valentine’s Day. Turn on a Romantic Comedy and spend a little time with Netflix whether you’re curled up on the couch with a long-time love, a new friend, or next to your favourite pet!
Make Netflix part of your relationship…or your whole relationship…whatever works for you!
Disclaimer: I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with Netflix….however, as always, opinions and stories are my own.