What do you mean you’re overworked, chasing kids, staying up late, getting up early, running around like a chicken with your head cut off and keeping a to-do list longer than your actual arm? Isn’t EVERYONE?
These days, we’re fast paced from sun-up to sun-down and when you’re burning the candle at both ends…the problem occurs when both ends meet in the middle! Someone is about to get burned and quite likely, it’s bound to be you!
Flu and cold season is RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW…the sneezing, the sniffling, the hacking and coughing. With a busy life and a need to stay upright when everyone else is down and out, it’s important to do everything possible to avoid getting sick.
Shoppers Drug Mart is ready and waiting for you to pop into any of their locations for your annual flu shot. While flu season occurs from November to March or April, RIGHT NOW is the best time to get vaccinated as protection can last roughly six months, and takes approximately two weeks to take effect. According to the National Advisory Committee on Immunization, EVERYONE should get the flu vaccine (and I’ll be getting mine in the next few days as well.)
It takes NO TIME whatsoever out of your busy day and can in fact save you a few weeks of misery! Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacies across the country are making it easy by offering flu immunizations administered by an injection-certified pharmacist at all hours, without an appointment…just walk-in.
So, how do you avoid getting sick when you’re burning the candle at both ends?
- Strengthen your immune system by getting adequate sleep (7 to 8 hours each night), drinking plenty of fluids (at least 8 glasses of water each day), eating healthy foods, and staying active. All will go a long way to stay healthy through cold and flu season.
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands frequently, and for at least 20 seconds using warm water.
- Get Vaccinated! Depending on how well the vaccine is matched to this year’s common viruses, 70-90 per cent of flu cases can be averted through vaccination.
Besides that…STOP burning the candle at both ends! Ask for help. Join a carpool to share in the driving, go to bed an hour earlier than you normally would, get a little help around the house so everything doesn’t fall back on your shoulders, sit down and put your feet up with a cup of tea, LET A FEW THINGS GO that aren’t absolutely essential. Bottom line, it’s imperative to take care of YOU so you can continue to take care of everyone else!
Shoppers Cold & Flu Prize Pack:
To help take care of your family this flu season, Shoppers Drug Mart and Curtains are Open are hosting a giveaway…a chance to win a Cold & Flu Prize pack valued at $160. This prize package includes:
- $100 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Life Brand Cough Drops
- Life Brand Vaporizing Cold Rub
- Life Brand Electrolyte Maintenance Powder
- Life Brand Vaporizer
- Life Brand Digital Thermometer
- No Name Disinfectant Wipes
- PC Chicken Noodle Soup
- PC Facial Tissues
- PC Feeling Soothed Tea
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below and leave a comment on the blog post! You can tweet once per day for more chances to win! Good Luck!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart. As always, opinions are my own.