And I wrote.
And five hundred and fifty-seven posts later…I’m still not done.
I’ve blogged my way through some rough days…along with amazing and wonderful adventures.
It’s benefited my family. It’s changed me. Made me realize how fabulous my life is and how absolutely lucky I am to be surrounded by the people who support me.
You…the readers of Curtains…are a huge part of my life. I’m always touched and a little in awe when I’m told that I’ve “inspired” you…made you laugh…moved you to tears.
I’m forever blown away when someone tells me they think I’m a “good writer”…that I should write more.
Some day I’ll write more.
I’ve not tired of it. Not grown weary. I’m still every bit as committed to telling my story as I was when I started. I’m happy to share my journey. Thrilled with every comment and email. I’m pleased each time I get a new reader or follower on Facebook or Twitter and simply ecstatic with every PR request and each new advertiser.
It’s been three short years but blogging has become a huge part of who I am.
So…for my third blogiversary…I’m taking a vacation! Gathering up Spiderman and Bones and heading off with my two girlfriends and their families for a much-needed family trip. It’s time to relax…time to regroup. I’m shutting down the computer, turning off my phone…avoiding all technology with the exception of the few times I’ll steal the kids’ iPods to check back in (Come on…it’s me here! I can’t totally cut myself off!) I’ll enjoy a few adventures and tell you all about them when I return.
In the meantime…while I’m sunning and relaxing…there’s a contest you can win!
A few of my advertisers have put together a prize package to celebrate my third blogiversary! All you need to do is make a comment on this post and when I get home…I’ll draw the winner.
The prize…a day at Mudwraps to Manicures (value $245), a month of bootcamp for two with Evolve Fitness, and tickets to “Eighteen” playing at Neptune from April 30th to May 12th.
- Comment on this post, “Three years and counting…” telling me something you like about the blog…or dislike…or tell me your favorite post…or what you’d like to see more of. Whatever…just make a comment.
- If you haven’t already done so and would like to (it’s not a requirement), “Like” the Curtains are Open’s Facebook page or Follow me on Twitter. Liking, Sharing, Tweeting, Pinning…all have helped grow my blog over the last three years.
- If you’d like (but again not a requirement), check out, Like and follow my advertisers on the right hand side of the blog. They’re a tremendous support!
Bottom line…all you have to do is make a comment. That’s it.
- The giveaway will be open from now until Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at ten a.m (my time!)
- Winner will be chosen using random.org and notified by email.
- Only comments on this post are eligible to win. Comments on other posts, Facebook or Twitter, while appreciated, are not considered.
- Only one comment per reader is eligible for entry into the contest.
If you’re looking for me…I’lll be back next week. Keep commenting…keep reading…catch up on a few old posts you may have missed and feel free to share them with your friends.
Thanks for reading…some of you have been with me from the very beginning…you’re all amazing!
Three years of blogging…telling my story…for me, it’s truly been life-changing.
OH…PS…if you’re comment doesn’t show up…It’s because you’re a “first time” commenter and I have to approve you first and remember…I’m cut off from technology! So…don’t worry…it’s there…I’ll approve it when I return…don’t write a second…or a third…or a fourth. Trust me…it’s there!