Last night, while laying in bed on our final night in the little rented cottage…as the rain pitter pattered on my roof…it suddenly began dripping on my forehead!
I was in the middle of a conversation with a boy when I mentioned the rain…and he replied with “don’t let it rain on your phone/computer you’ve got blogs to write.”
It startled me.
One…I didn’t know he knew I had a blog (though I guess if you’re a Facebook friend it’s hard NOT to know I write a blog) but…Two…he’s a BOY!
I’m trying to figure out my readers. For a long time, I thought I was a “mom blogger” but no…I’m more of a “lifestyle blogger” discussing the ins and outs of daily life but honestly, I thought I was writing to mostly women.
A few weeks ago, a friend (another boy), introduced me as his “favorite blogger” which I assumed he was just being nice and I was the ONLY blogger he knew but every now and then he mentions something I’ve written which means he’s actually reading on a fairly regular basis.
And the other day, another boy made this wonderful comment: “Your written and spoken words are always fabulous. Keep writing there are many books in you.”
OK…whatever…he was my Uncle so he HAS to say nice things but still…all of these boys reading my posts leaves me wondering why they’re listening to my babbling and what they’re getting from it!
‘Cause here’s what I’m thinking boys…
- If you’re reading because you’re trying to figure out women then I suggest you stop! Immediately! I don’t have a sweet clue what I want so I’m probably not the best example!
- If it’s for hockey advice…ummmm…thing is, I make that crap up! I don’t know what I’m talking about as far as technical stuff like actual plays and offside and faceoffs and stuff but if you’re looking for that sort of thing… check out John Moore on Twitter @rinkrant.
- Music advice…OK…let’s be 100% honest here…I only talk about musicians who I happen to find good-looking (follow @corytetford and @paullambmusic to see when they’re playing!) But if YOU happen to be handsome, tall and single, have a great voice and play guitar…stick around and get to know me a little…I’m awesome and can sort of carry a tune even if I make up all of the words.
- Divorce advice…work a little harder on your marriage first and if all else fails…give me a call!
- Car tips…so far with the cars I’ve test driven, I’ve only really talked about whether or not hockey gear can fit in the trunk and how many cup holders there are so I’m thinking you need to go elsewhere if you’re looking at purchasing a car! (Pssst…GM cars have LOTS of cup holders! Email Randy @ Oregan’s if you’re in the market!)
- DIY projects…if you’re handy, I have a list of projects that you’re welcome to tackle.
- Dating advice…I got nothing.
Honestly…comment below and let me know how long you’ve been reading and what brings you here! I’m trying to build an online dating profile (been saying that for a few years now) and maybe I can use a few of your comments to help describe who I am!
‘Cause I’m just making stuff up as I go along!