I’ll admit, I haven’t read Divergent! However, I asked on the Curtains are Open Facebook Page if anyone had read the best selling novel and the responses were FANTASTIC.
So…I’m on it.
In fact, thanks to the folks at eOne Films, I’m on it immediately as today, the book arrived at my door!
And along with the book, I have prize packages and tickets to THE ADVANCED SCREENING OF DIVERGENT taking place at Cineplex Theatres Park Lane on Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 at 7PM!!!
Yup…according to my daughter Bones and every other person out there who’s read the book…this movies is going to be AMAZING!
So…while I’m getting caught up on a little reading…go ahead and enter the contest! Divergent Prize packages include a yoga mat, divergent swag and 2 tickets to the advanced screening of this fantastic movie!
Here’s the synopsis:
“Divergent s a thrilling adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities, Tris Prior (Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it’s too late. Set in a futuristic dystopia where society is divided into five factions that each represent a different virtue, teenagers have to decide if they want to stay in their faction or switch to another – for the rest of their lives. Tris Prior makes a choice that surprises everyone. Then Tris and her fellow faction-members have to live through a highly competitive initiation process to live out the choice they have made. They must undergo extreme physical and intense psychological tests, that transform them all. But Tris has a secret that she is Divergent, which means she doesn’t fit into any one group. If anyone knew, it would mean a certain death. As she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, this secret might help her save the people she loves… or it might destroy her.”
And the trailer:
Divergent will be in theatres on March 21st…or, win tickets through Curtains are Open to the advanced screening!
To win a Divergent Prize Pack (book not included though I’ll happily lend mine once I’m finished reading):
- Comment on this post stating whether or not you’ve read the book…doesn’t matter if you did or not but if you did, tell us what you thought of it! (Facebook, Twitter and comments on other social media posts while appreciated, won’t count towards winning).
- Share this post with your friends for an extra ballot! (Just let me know if you shared by FB, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail or other method, and I’ll put your name in a second time!)
- The giveaway will be open from now until Sunday, March 16th, 2014 at ten a.m (my time!)
- Winner will be chosen using random.org and notified by email.
- Only comments on this post are eligible to win.
- Only one comment per reader is eligible for entry into the contest PLUS, a second entry if you “Share” the blog post.
- Winners must be able to attend the screening at Cineplex Theatres Park Lane (5657 Spring Garden Road, Halifax) on March 19th, 2014 @ 7PM. As well, winners must be able to pick up the remainder of their prize package at a location determined by the winner and Curtains are Open.
GOOD LUCK…and make sure to follow eOne Films on Twitter where you can find plenty of information on their upcoming entertainment. As well, follow Curtains are Open on Twitter or Facebook where I’m always entertaining!!! (Following either Curtains are Open or eOne Films is NOT required to win the contest!!)