When was the last time you visited Ottawa? Or have you never been? What if you were given the opportunity to visit our nation’s capital on CANADA DAY! How amazingly awesome would that be? Even better…how fantastic would it be if you WON the trip!
If I was in Ottawa on Canada Day I would:
- Attend the flag raising ceremony on Parliament Hill
- Watch the Changing of the Guard with great pride
- Fill my arms with goosebumps as the Snowbirds flew overhead
- Swallow the lump in my throat as I joined the crowd in singing “Oh Canada”
- Listen to the various performers throughout the day
- Oooohhh and Aaaahhhh while watching the spectacular fireworks
- Eat lots of delicious chicken
Why would I eat lots of chicken? Well…because The Canadian Chicken Farmers of Canada are throwing a contest on their Canadian Chicken Facebook page and the grand prize is a trip to OTTAWA ON CANADA DAY!
Visit Chicken Farmers on Facebook and vote for one of the three delicious looking Chicken Farmers of Canada recipes by providing 2-4 sentences about why you’d choose that dish for your family. (Contest runs from April 24th, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. EST and ends on May 29th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST.)
- First Prize – 3 day, 2 night trip for four to Ottawa to celebrate Canada Day with Chicken Farmers of Canada (June 30 – July 2, 2015), Chicken Farmers of Canada prize pack, Maple Leaf Foods prize pack and $500 food bank donation (approximate value up to $4,300 depending on winner’s location)
- Second Prize – Chicken Farmers of Canada prize pack, Maple Leaf Foods prize pack and $250 food bank donation (approximate value $425)
- Third Prize – Chicken Farmers of Canada prize pack, Maple Leaf Foods prize pack and $100 food bank donation (approximate value $225)
The contest is open to Canadian residents who are the age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry.
For lots of recipes, news and tips from the Chicken Farmers of Canada, visit them on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Oh, and speaking of Twitter…we’re throwing a #TeamCdnChicken Twitter Party!
Join me on May 21, 2015 at 9pm EST while we talk chicken with the @ChickenFarmers. There’ll be plenty of conversation and we’ll share lots of amazing recipes. Leave your twitter details below to RSVP…looking forward to seeing you there and GOOD LUCK!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Must. Win. Trip. To. Ottawa. For. Canada. Day.