It’s been so long since I’ve done a big makeover that I almost forgot how much I ABSOLUTELY LOVE putting rooms together!
A few weeks ago, I sat down with my realtor to try to figure out why my house wasn’t selling and decided it really was time to do a few fix-it projects around the house. Mainly…it needed a HUGE paint job!
So…with paintbrush and roller in hand, my brother got to painting three floors including baseboards, trim, doors, walls, ceilings (along with fixing all the holes and dings from years of hanging art and living with teens). While it’s not done yet, it’s well on its way but lots still to be done as we’ll be tackling painting kitchen cupboards, adding a backsplash and painting my room (along with a DIY headboard).
YES…my house is in chaos and trying to get any work done from home among the crazy is a little bit tough. BUT, it’s going to look fantastic when it’s finished.
With new paint colours on the walls…I needed to do a bit of a furniture overhaul and while it was long past time, I was thinking it wouldn’t quite happen until I moved to my new spot. However, life sometimes has a few other plans so here I am…visiting furniture shops and having an absolute blast while trying to fit things into some sort of a half decent budget.
You guys have been awesome!
You helped me pick chairs by voting on Instagram and Facebook.
And you voted on a rug.
It’s all coming together and while I won’t have it finished for a few more weeks, I thought I’d show you where we are at the moment.
Where we are so far:
- Walls have been painted with Revere Pewter and all trim and ceiling has been freshly painted white.
- I’ve picked out a couch in a medium grey (not the one shown but similar.)
- The dining chairs have been ordered (#1 won the vote but I could only get them in a bit of a lighter grey.)
- I DID get the fabulous rug that I really wanted (#2 won the vote for second choice.)
- I’m keeping my wood coffee and end tables along with dining table and hutch.
- Medium grey panel curtains are now hung and look lovely.
What’s still to happen:
- I need to figure out what I’m doing as far as a bit of art on the walls…especially over the couch.
- I’m on a hunt for lamps.
- I still need to find an accent chair/s for the living room.
- I’m going to go throw cushion crazy!!!
So…stay tuned. Thanks for ALL of your help in picking out a few of the pieces. There’s still lots more to be done so if you have any ideas or want to come and help…please pop by!
Honestly, with the exception of having to spend money and the house being dusty and chaotic…I’m having a whole lot of fun!
I love that you trust us. lol
Heheheh…I’m not so sure I do!