The dreaded list, the length of my arm, is an accumulation of a winter’s worth of dirt and grime.
A month back…Snuff and Spiderman attacked the back yard. Picked up the garbage and bagged up the leaves that never quite made it to the curb last Fall! It was a huge chore and it was awesome to have it done. But that was just the beginning.
Since then, I’ve painted the front steps, pounded down the nails, fixed the loose railing, weeded and bark-mulched the front flower beds and cut back a few of the bushes. Spiderman cleaned the garage and has been keeping on top of mowing the lawn with the exception of the two weeks we let the back yard grow into a meadow as I was too afraid to get gas for the mower and drive it home in that little red can! But thankfully, Prada’s husband mowed the front!
The yard is looking better….but there’s more to do!
Fact is…my thumb isn’t green, I’m not big on weeding and to be honest…I’m far from a feminist and believe that yard work should be done by men!
THERE! I said it!
OK…maybe it’s not that I believe it should be done by a man so much as I don’t believe it should be done by ME! I’ve talked about how much I hate weeding in the past but, 1.) have you priced getting a landscaper to do all of your projects? And 2.) I HATE the thought of being judged by my neighbours as the paint peels from my front steps and the weeds take over the lawn. So…with no man in sight, no money to hire a professional and a cringe on my face every time I pulled into the driveway…I realized I had to get to work!
The list is HALF done and if it would stop raining for five minutes…I’d tackle the rest.
In the meantime, as the list grows…Michelle Drover at Premiere Mortgage Centre, is making the task just a wee bit easier (just like she does when it’s time to get your mortgage!!) To help with getting your house in shape for the season, maybe spruce it up with a few flowers to add to your “Curb Appeal,” Michelle is giving one of our readers a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to Farmer Clems!
Here’s how you can win…
- Visit the Premiere Mortgages website by clicking on Michelle’s advertisement on the right side of the blog (at the bottom if you’re viewing on your mobile.) Spend a moment poking around while learning a bit about Michelle. (On her site you’ll also find links to Michelle’s Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin accounts if you’d like to add her to your network!)
- Come back to Curtains are Open and make a comment on this post about something you found interesting on Michelle’s website. In your comment, add a tip for sprucing up the outside of your house or tell us about the yard chore you hate/love to do (quite frankly, I could use the advice!)
- Share this post with your friends to get an extra ballot! (Just let me know in your comment how you shared the post and I’ll put your name in the draw a second time!)
- The giveaway will be open from now until Friday, July 5th, 2013 at nine a.m (my time!)
- The winner will be chosen using random.org and notified by email.
- Only comments on THIS post are eligible to win. Comments on other posts, Facebook or Twitter, while appreciated, are not considered.
- Only one comment per reader is eligible for entry into the contest PLUS, a second entry if you “Share” the blog post (you can share by clicking on the “share” options on the bottom of the post, by sharing the link on the “Curtains” Facebook page, or re-tweeting the tweet on Twitter.)
ALL readers of Curtains are Open are eligible to win! I know some of you don’t enter as we’re good friends or family…but seriously ENTER! You’ve been supporting me since Day One.
Oh…except for those who live in my house…with its newly stained deck and lovely mulched beds. (Not that they don’t support me…but they’re not eligible to win!)